SUPPLIES: 2 small pieces of coordinating fabrics . coordinating thread . fabric scissors . 7 inch piece of elastic . ruler . iron
1. from 2 pieces of coordinating fabric cut 4.5 x 7.5 inch rectangles.
2. place fabrics right sides together with all edges aligned.
3. using a 1/4 inch seam, sew along both long sides & one short side of the rectangle.
4. snip the corner of the sewn edges, making sure not to cut the stitching top lessen the bulk of the fabric.
5. press the edges of the unsewn short edge to the inside of the ‘envelope’ a generous 1/4 inch. mark the center of this seam lightly with the iron.
6. insert elastic ends into the center of the open end.
7. sew closed using a scant 1/4 inch seam, backstitching at both ends and at elastic.
8. with lining side up, and elastic at the tip, fold the bottom short edge up 2/5 inches. sew along the side seams with a scant 1/4 inch seam.
9. fill with your calling cards!
happy stocking stuffing!
xo . rae